• 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
• 350g orecchiette (or any other pasta)
• 500g chicken breasts, diced into 3cm pieces
• 1/2 cup semi dried tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup bocconcini, halved
• 2 big handfuls of rocket leaves
Method 1. To make the pesto, combine basil, parmesan, pine nuts, oil and garlic into a food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water and a pinch of salt, and place on high heat. When water comes to the boil, add pasta and cook as per packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, pre-heat a large non-stick fry pan on high heat and spray lightly with olive oil.
4. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Add chicken, pasta, pesto and remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Delicious served straight away, but equally as yum served cold as a pasta salad.